Freitag, 19. Juni 2015

Summer Top

If you have read some of the patterns published on this blog, you'll know that I like short rows ... and I usually apply the to make scarfs or fingerless gloves, i.e. small accessories. However, I wanted to apply this technique to something more substantial and wearable: a summer top.

For this project, I measured an old sweater that fits me well and I actually knitted a swatch ... something I usually avoid. Then I "calculated" the stitches to be cast on and started from the top as with any Raglan sweater. 

As far as I can tell, the new top will fit nicely - I only have to finish the arms (they'll be short) and to weave in ends ... Right now it looks a bit crumpled, it's been in a bag while I was travelling, but I'm sure it will look better after blocking :)



Not sure whether I will manage to write this down as a readable pattern or rather knitting recipe.

EDIT August 2016: I have published a (slightly altered) version on my blog - it's called Summertime Garter Stitch Top.

2 Kommentare:

  1. I would love to have this pattern. Did you ever write it down? I saw your more recent one, but I'd love to have this one also. Thank you.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Yes, roughly a year later. It's published here: https://knitting-and-so-on.blogspot.ch/2016/07/summertime-garter-stitch-top.html

      I also edited in the "old" blogpost. Thanks!

      Löschen